In the bottle

Started by Andrew Marshallsay, October 12, 2016, 07:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Marshallsay

This year's wine went into the bottle today. Tasting very promising too which is just as well as I have 40 litres - 52 bottles - to get through.
I suppose I'd better get drinking.
- Andrew

H-K-J

Hi Andrew, if it seems you have an over abundance I could send you my address.
Feel free to send the excess, I will see that none shall go to waste
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

Andrew Marshallsay

Ah! A friend in need....
- Andrew

john H

Nice job Raw Prawn. I assume you did the shiraz from grapes, did you grow them of are the local?

John 

Andrew Marshallsay

Hi John.
All grown, pressed and made at home in an average metropolitan garden.
- Andrew

valley ranch

Thumbs up, with the wine!

awakephd

Quote from: Raw Prawn on October 13, 2016, 02:32:19 AM
Hi John.
All grown, pressed and made at home in an average metropolitan garden.

Impressive in any case, but the part in bold is especially worthy of AC4U!
-- Andy

Andrew Marshallsay

Thanks for the cheese, Andy and thanks to John and Valley for the kind comments.
- Andrew

valley ranch

How does on give a cheese again?

awakephd

Quote from: valley ranch on October 15, 2016, 02:59:27 PM
How does on give a cheese again?

Click on the "thumbs up" link below the person's icon. This only shows up when you are viewing, not when you are editing/creating a post, so you have to click first and then do the post, or vice-versa. :)
-- Andy

Al Lewis

Looks great!!  But screw tops??  LOL ;D
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

john H

I hear you Al that is was what I first thought. But if he is like me the wine won't be in the bottle long enough to go bad. ;D

Raw Prawn I have Frontenac in my back yard that I usually get 50L from. 

Andrew Marshallsay

Quote from: Al Lewis on October 15, 2016, 08:15:22 PM
  But screw tops?? 
Nearly all wine in Australia has been sealed with screw tops in recent years. For a while they were treated with suspicion but they are no longer seen as inferior to corks. We don't produce any cork in Australia, to the best of my knowledge and I think the the imported corks were of variable quality.
I did notice when I was in France and Italy, a few years back, that most wines were still sealed with corks and I take it that it may be the same in the US. I won't be surprised if that changes in the near future. If it does, I would expect that you will find that screw tops are quite acceptable.

John, the Frontenac sounds good. We may be just a little too far apart to trade grapes.
- Andrew

john H

"John, the Frontenac sounds good. We may be just a little too far apart to trade grapes."

I would in a heart beat.

John

tashad

52 bottles is quite a convenient number for a years yield of wine. :)  I too am impressed that it's all from grapes grown in a city yard!

More and more wine in Canada is being switched over to screw tops as well, and from what I read it's generally considered to be better for the wine in the long run.  Not so many years ago it was surprising to see a nice wine with a screw top, but now it's so common that I'm sometimes surprised to get a bottle with a cork.