Author Topic: Cheese Experiment: Cheddasio  (Read 4401 times)

Offline rsterne

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 54
  • Too many hobbies - too little time!
Re: Cheese Experiment: Cheddasio
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 06:00:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Andy.... We will all be glad when COVID is behind us!.... My Montasio is a washed curd version, about half the recipes I found were washed and half weren't.... I compared your recipe to my Asiago, and it's so close I just changed the scalding temperature, and added my Cheddaring technique from my Red Leicester (1.5 hrs, to be adjusted as necessary).... When I do the make I will post in your thread here about mine, if that's OK?....

Bob
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 06:41:39 PM by rsterne »
Cheesemaking has rekindled our love of spending time together, Diane and me!

Offline mikekchar

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 118
  • Default personal text
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 02:20:02 AM »
I feel your pain.  COVID and work has led to 0 cheeses being made here since... a long time ago (probably about 4 or 5 months)...  I'm missing the best cheese aging time of the year, but absolutely no energy to make cheese.

Offline rsterne

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 54
  • Too many hobbies - too little time!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 04:45:34 PM »
Next weekend we plan to make a Cheddasiago.... Basically an Asiago (thermophilic) cheese that is cheddared and salted before pressing.... I will be following the recipe in the first post in this thread, without the mesophilic culture (change recommended by awakephd).... Assuming the make goes well I will post our recipe and a few months later the results, in a new thread....

Bob
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 04:56:01 PM by rsterne »
Cheesemaking has rekindled our love of spending time together, Diane and me!