Author Topic: italian soft cheese lover  (Read 1689 times)

vagabond

italian soft cheese lover
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:53:09 AM »
hi all! I am a lover of cheese products and in particular of italian ones. From time to time I succeed in making some new discoveries about italian soft cheese, the last one is the Marzolini http://www.renieri.net/marzolini_e.html. If you love and know others, please let me know! ;)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: italian soft cheese lover
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 05:08:27 AM »
Being Italian I am partcial to Italia cheese I grew up with. Most of the cheese I make are Italian. Here is a nice place to drool over some good Italian cheeses.

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/shoppe.aspx?cat=Cheese+by+Country&subcat=Italy

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »
Hi Vagabond and welcome to the forum.

I'm in Italy right now with family on vacation, have fun with this forum, will post some pictures when back home, John.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:30:36 AM »
John you lucky dog you!

zenith1

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »
John-I'm dying right now! What part of the country are you visiting? I'm sure that what ever part it is will have wonderful cheese to sample....

Cheese Head

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »
Hi all, sorry limited internet connection, started in Rome, then Tuscany small towns, then Pisa on West Coast, then La Spezia on NE Coast for Cinque Terra towns, then across to Venice on East Coast, then Dolomite mountain towns, quick weing through south Austria, currently back just outside Roma. Haven't tried many cheeses as no time, but do have some nice pics I will post when back home and have bandwidth, Ciao Ciao!

Cheese Library

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 09:36:26 PM »
Hello Vagabond and welcome!

I am an Italian cheese lover myself. Some recent discoveries that I have been fond of has been La Tur and Robiola Bosina. Both are cheeses made with mixed milk from the Piedmont region. They are absolutely delicious.