I am still around

Started by DeejayDebi, April 21, 2021, 04:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeejayDebi

I have been really crazy busy and due to family health concerns had to buy a really beat up house (I wanted to be 5 miles or less from the hospital) to make wheel chair accessible. I have been doing the work myself mostly alone (it was easier at 40 than it is at 67!) Anyway I have become a 24/7 caregiver to a 95% disabled partner and rebuilding a ranch. I plan to add a walking cooler for my cheeses and dry cured sausages soon so hopefully I will be around a bit more.

Just to let you know I haven't died or anything I did make a few cheeses this past few weeks with some 2% milk that was given to me. 4 few small 1 pound Parmesans (a month apart) and a few white cheddars with pickled jalapenos (had to cream add).

Interesting - I was in such a rush to make dinner and cheese at the same time I forget to add calcium Chloride to the cheddar and it still worked fine. Slightly softer curd but it didn't break.

bansidhe

The cheese with peppers looks so festive!  :-)
Making cheese is easy, making a cheese is hard

OzzieCheese

I'm so glad you are still here. I have always enjoyed reading you cheese exploits.
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

mikekchar

I'm also happy you are back.  I read so many of your posts when I first started making cheese.  It was really incredibly helpful!  Especially, I found your tireless linking of interesting documents to be really enlightening.

OzzieCheese

Thanks for the kind response. if only one person gets something out of my ramblings then is is worth it. I get to combine two hobbies at once Photography and Cheese making. The more I write and the more photos I take then the easier it is for me to remember what I did.  Notes, photos, postings and more notes... :)
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

MacGruff

I want to add my thanks to all three of you!

When I got started in my own cheese journey, I relied on your posts to find my way. Thanks for all the help.

And DeejayDebi - welcome back!