Author Topic: Sturdypress  (Read 10051 times)

plantdude

Re: Sturdypress
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 05:14:45 AM »
I have not seen any Sturdypresses on your web site, Ebay or Etsy. Are they being made anymore?

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 03:02:15 PM »
Plant dude, as Bob says in the first post on this thread, he does not make these any more. However, he has made the plans for the original Sturdy Press available on his website, sturdypress.com - look for the last link, labelled "DIY Plans." The design is a masterpiece of simple elegance, which is to say that anyone with even a modest amount of woodworking experience will find it easy to build. If you are not in a position to build it yourself, look around for someone who would enjoy a weekend project - perhaps you can pay that person in cheese! :)
-- Andy

plantdude

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 12:43:53 AM »
I saw his post that he doesn't make them any more but he said someone else was going to make them. I guess that didn't happen.  I downloaded the plans so I will make my own.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »
Ah, you're right, of course - I had forgotten that until I went back and looked more closely. Based on Bob's occasional comments here on the forum, I'm guessing that didn't pan out.
-- Andy