GENERAL CHEESE MAKING BOARDS (Specific Cheese Making in Boards above) > EQUIPMENT - Aging Cheese, Everything Except Caves

What to do during power outage

(1/1)

Walrus:
Hi folks,
I have question to think about. We have a few powercuts that lasts about a day during a year and I was wondering what is better for the cheese out of these two options.

Option 1) I leave it in the cheese cave, where the temperature easily climbs to room temperature in about 2-3 hours
Option 2) I transfer the cheese to regular fridge, where there is about 5°C when the powercut starts and about 10-12°C when the powercut ends (if it lasts a day)

To summarize my question - is it better for cheese to rather quickly climb to room temperature and sit there for about half a day (or longer in worse scenario) before cooling again, or is it better to rather quickly cool the cheese in normal fridge and let it slowly climb up. I'm currently using option 2, because if the powercut lasts longer, I am able to secure more suitable temperature for a longer time, but I was wondering about your opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version