Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1429 times)

Turophile Mason

Hello!
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:52:31 PM »
Hello! I'm a seventeen year old Senior in High School who, among other things, adores cheese. I live in the meteorological madness that is south-west Ohio. I hope to someday own a goat and some chickens, mainly for my own pleasure and to provide simple things like eggs and milk. I'm mainly here to learn.

Some more general information: I'm graduating early so that I may live in Israel for three months. I won't be doing much aside from Hebrew classes and exercising, so this will be a great opportunity for me to do some heavy reading when I'm not touring the country. I'll also be spending two weeks in Rome enjoying the food and marveling at the architecture. As far as University goes, I've been accepted into a few schools but I haven't made my decision on what exactly I want to do with my life. My grandmother is trying to pressure me into looking at becoming a medical doctor but I couldn't handle another ten years of school and another fifteen paying it all off. I'm interested in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) which would supplement my love of traveling. I'm also really interested in Biblical Archeology, which may just be what my ultimate decision is.

Cheese Head

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
Hello Turo, welcome to the forum!

Very nice intro, most people here are interested in making cheese, good to have another that's interested in cheese for it's own sake. Good luck with your next adventure in life! Took me 7 years to get through an Engineering degree but that was a while ago now. My recommendation is explore your heart, but if you are going to do college then earlier is better before you get steady relation and steady job then before you know it car payments, then marriage then house payments then kids etc. Another good way to do it is couple years of studies and then go travel, after which go back to finish the degree. Good luck with your choices!

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:05:00 AM »
These gradmas are all same it is either pilot or doctor, like there is no other profession on the surface of the earth.  :o

Welcome to the forum Turophile.

zenith1

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »
Hi Turophile and welcome to the forum. If you are lucky enough to travel overseas after graduation I'm sure  that you will love the cheese. Hey, it sounds like you are far ahead of most your age in your future aspirations. Good luck on what ever path you choose.

KosherBaker

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 05:39:57 AM »
Welcome to the board. Great to have you. Any idea where in Israel you are planning to spend the three months? We have board members from Israel should you decide to make cheese while there. :)
These gradmas are all same it is either pilot or doctor, like there is no other profession on the surface of the earth.  :o

Welcome to the forum Turophile.
:) I thought it was Doctor or Lawyer. :)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »
Welcome aboard Mason. Good luck with whatever you decide on. You will enjoy it here.