Hi! New cheese maker in Alabama

Started by 39chicks1cow, January 17, 2011, 01:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

39chicks1cow

Hi!  I am new to cheese making.  I have a Jersey that I milk twice a day.  We are really enjoying our fresh milk- about 2 gallons a day.  I have been making sour cream, yogurt, cream cheese, and more with great success.  My problems are in my hard cheese.  I stumbled across this forum and I'm very excited!  I can't wait to learn from the people that are out there actually making great cheeses!  I would love to be able to make all our cheeses.  We eat lots of cheese, and it would be very fulfilling to make it! 

We are a homechooling family with 2 Jerseys, about 39 chickens, 3 dogs, 2 kids, and 1 husband.  I think that about covers it all.   ^-^

Jennifer

zenith1

Howdy Jennifer and welcome to the forum. You are going to meet a lot of nice people here and will find all of them very helpful in your quest of cheese making.

tnsven

Hi Jennifer,

We're a homeschooling family with 2 Jerseys, more like 50 chickens, 4 dogs, 5 kids, a husband, and some sheep thrown in too. Just north of you in Tennessee too. I think you'll do fine!

Hop on over to one of the hard cheese topics and post your problems. Lots of knowledgeable folks about.

Kristin

Cheese Head

Welcome, there's a set of Wiki Cheese Making Articles on the website if you are new to cheese making including one called Recommendations For New Cheese Makers, have fun!

FarmerJd

Hi Jennifer, it's great to have another Alabamian on the forum. We are a homeschooling family of 3 milk-cows, endless chickens, a pig until Monday ;) , 10 kids, a border collie, two cats and a wife. I live in south Alabama, where are you?