May 8-9, 2011 Forum IT Crash

Started by Webmaster, May 09, 2011, 11:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webmaster

To all Members and Guests:

• Sorry for the overnight crash of the forum which resulted in no access to forum for anyone (website still worked).
  • I talked with CFO's server hosting company who was very helpful and said it was SQL Database corruption which they fixed.
  • Also, in case it happens again in future they showed me how to identify if database problem and how to repair it.
  • Delay in solving problem was as I thought it would take longer to fix and didn't want try and do do it from work.
Cheers, John Pierce.

Boofer

Thanks for staying on the case, John.

-Boofer-

Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

susanky

Thanks John for all you do.  I learned I must be addicted because I found myself disappointed not to be able to check in with everyone and see what they were up to!
Susan

ArnaudForestier

Ditto to everything said. Very appreciative of what you're doing, John.  This is hands-down the most fulfilling forum I've ever been a part of; can't thank you enough.

Paul
- Paul

wharris

John,
Yer a Slacker......

A real forum would be backed up by a highly available SQL cluster.

Get with it man......

;)
(jk)

Webmaster

Thanks all, for Wayne, I have no clue what an SQL cluster is :), thta said the server hosting company rep did say that in addition to me they backup the DB weekly, cheers!

Boofer

Quote from: Wayne Harris on May 10, 2011, 02:39:34 PM
John,
Yer a Slacker......

A real forum would be backed up by a highly available SQL cluster.

Get with it man......

;)
(jk)
Whoa, ZING!!
Let's ferment something!

MrsKK

Well, until you said something, I was clueless...but only because I haven't had a chance to visit the forum since Friday.

Thanks again, John, for taking care of all the nasty stuff that happens!

McCreamy

I'm so glad its back up! I thought that they finally blocked the site from work!

Cheese Head

Welcome,
QuoteI thought that they finally blocked the site from work!
:o  >:D

wharris

Quote from: Boofer on May 11, 2011, 12:39:12 AM
Whoa, ZING!!

:D  I joke around a lot..  I really do appreciate all John's work.

Boofer

Quote from: Wayne Harris on May 13, 2011, 12:55:28 AM
Quote from: Boofer on May 11, 2011, 12:39:12 AM
Whoa, ZING!!

:D  I joke around a lot..  I really do appreciate all John's work.
I know you do. I just like to play with the fonts.  ;)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!

Cheese Head

Hmm, database was crashed again this morning, I checked and repaired it, am currently in Victoria BC on holiday, will phone hosting company when at a better location, sorry about this again, John.

susanky

Thank you for taking care of this ... again!  And while you were on Holiday.  Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Susan