Quark

Started by JeffHamm, March 14, 2012, 06:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffHamm

Hi,

So, Vanessa made the German Cheesecake from the recipe posted above.  It required a bit more time in the oven than the recipe called for (maybe an extra 8-10 minutes) to get the top properly browned.  It's in the fridge now, will try it tomorrow.  Yum!

- Jeff

DeejayDebi

Mmmmmm when should I arrive???   ;)

Corina

Oh, not today, I try not to eat too many sweets.....oh, how nice, please make photos hen you open it.

Boofer

Looks great, Jeff! Good job, Vanessa.  8)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

JeffHamm

The cutting will be today, so see you all soon! :)  This was the first cheesecake Vanessa's ever made, so she's very pleased with the outcome.  I'm impressed as well.  Also, we still have a lot of quark left, so, she might just have to make her second cheesecake very soon. 

- Jeff

DeejayDebi

Tell vanessa she did well and we are all proud of her cheesecake. It is very easy to mess up a cheese cake!

Threelittlepiggiescheese

A cheese to the cake

JeffHamm

Thanks from Vanessa to everyone!  We tasted it this morning, but remember, cheesecake is not just for breakfast anymore! :)  It is very good.  I'm afraid the cut job was a bit messy, but here's a shot of the interior.  Presentation could be improved, but the taste more than makes up for it. 

- Jeff

DeejayDebi

Looks delicious! Also looks like we went to the same class for hacking a cake. I always mutilate cakes and pies when I cut them - don't know why. Except that I often use this little knife with a 3 inch blade for doing it and it's never long enough but I do it anyway.

anutcanfly

Lovely Jeff!  I gained two pounds just drooling at it!  Sometime before the year is out I just gotta do a cheese cake with Chevre.  I've used it for ice cream and I'll bet it would be great for cheesecake as well.

JeffHamm

Thanks!  Oh, and we didn't eat all that cut between the two of us (just so you know).  Some was given to the neighbors too!

- Jeff

Threelittlepiggiescheese

Quote from: JeffHamm on March 18, 2012, 04:15:53 AM
Thanks!  Oh, and we didn't eat all that cut between the two of us (just so you know).  Some was given to the neighbors too!

- Jeff

suuuurrrreeee it was  >:D

DeejayDebi

It wasn't me though I sure wish it were! :P

Corina

Wow, i love that! Oh, I really must try it, there is no escape!

DeejayDebi

Quote from: Corina on March 18, 2012, 07:06:05 PM
Wow, i love that! Oh, I really must try it, there is no escape!

REALLY! They say you can get the ladies to do almost anything for chocolate but I really think cheesecake works better!