Author Topic: Hi from Washington DC!  (Read 1647 times)

ChrisAroundTheWorld

Hi from Washington DC!
« on: September 04, 2009, 02:52:20 PM »
Hi there! I'm a cheeselover in the Washington DC suburbs (Alexandria, Va - just down the street from Cheesetique!) My husband and I travel quite a bit (I'm a travel editor, he's an amateur photographer) and we love to indulge in wine and cheese - and other foods, of course - on our trips.

Last night, a friend of ours who dreams of being a cheesemaker came to our house, loaded with different types. I wrote up our taste test on my blog here: http://caroundtheworld.com/2009/09/03/cheese/. I'd love feedback, either here or there, on other cheese we might like.

Chris
www.caroundtheworld.com

cmharris6002

Re: Hi from Washington DC!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Your cheese tasting adventure sonds like it was a lot of fun. I'll check back for your review of the Vella Dry Jack. I think you would like to try Capra Goat Cheese with Honey.

From the country that is well known for its delicious chocolates, Belgium has developed a creamy, yet very rich cheese that is not only firm enough to be sliced, but is creamy enough to spread as well. From the southern side of the mountainous region of Walloon lies a very small village of Ardennes where the Capra Cheeses Company has created their Goat Cheese with Honey. Along with its flavorful goat cheese Capra has now added a hint of their Belgian honey to create the perfect blend of sugars to make this honey goat cheese Capra’s best selling flavored cheese.

Christy

Cheese Head

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »
Hi Chris and welcome to this forum. This forum was originally intended for people to talk about cheese, but it's been overrun by cheesemakers (I am also a convert), a few cheese reviews here but not enough!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 06:13:12 AM »
Welcome Chris. One thing I have never been good at is describing the taste of anything - good job.

ChrisAroundTheWorld

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 02:02:19 AM »
Thanks for the welcome! I looked on this forum, but can't really figure out where I'd put cheese reviews. Anyway, we went out this night to Cheesetique, a cheese boutique in Alexandria, Va. We tried three cheeses  - Brebirousse, Beemster Gouda, and Bleu des Causses - and three types of charcuterie. The reviews are here on my website: http://caroundtheworld.com/2009/09/18/cheesetique/   Would love comments here or on my site!

Chris

Cheese Head

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
Hi Chris, the second section down called Cheese Boards are for both cheese lovers and cheese makers, that's where I've posted my Reviews, normally started with word Review. I and others find them interesting as you can see by the number of Views of each one. The easiest way to find them is from the forum homepage search on "Review". Here's one, and second, and third of mine.

We had a separate reviews section at one time but with reviews and making in same board, it gives synergy in that cheese makers have a better idea of what they are striving for and cheese lovers get a background and appreciation on how a certain cheese is made.

Like your website, you sure have been a bunch of places in 2009!