Author Topic: password  (Read 953 times)

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
password
« on: August 13, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »
I cannot remember my password for the forum, and cannot figure out how to retrieve it. Can someone direct me to the right path? This is what happens when I let the computer remember for me!
Susan

Sailor Con Queso

Re: password
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:13:52 PM »
The fact that your username shows up in this post indicates that you are already logged in. You can change your password by going to your Profile page.

John@PC

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 09:26:25 PM »
Susan, I wasn't aware you could post without signing in.  Then again my memory is a bit foggy too :).

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 04:20:31 AM »
The problem is that I want to also open an account on another computer, and I need my password for that! I realize that I am already signed in on this computer you sillies! And I cannot change my password without remembering my password!
Susan

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 02:24:25 PM »
Susan,

If you attempt to log in on the new computer, you should see a link labelled "Forgot your password?" -- if you click on this, it will give you the opportunity to retrieve or reset your password.

To check this, I logged out of my account, then tried to log back in. One screen did not show the link, but when I clicked on the "sign in" link, it showed up.

And by the way ... it took me fifteen tries to remember what MY password was so I could log back in!! :)
-- Andy

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »
Thank you Andy! Worked just fine!
Susan