Author Topic: My new cheese vat setup  (Read 1341 times)

rgreenberg2000

My new cheese vat setup
« on: January 15, 2019, 10:48:01 PM »
I had to go to the restaurant store to pick up a few items, and while I was there, I grabbed a couple of things to put together a new vat setup.  I'm using an 11qt steam table insert, and 8" deep steam pan, and my Anova sous vide controller (already had that......)  Easy to set up, and should be easy to control my temps.  Excited to find some time soon to make another batch with this new setup!

Thanks to all those of you who posted up pics of their equipment.....I didn't come up with this idea on my own! :)

R

Offline pastpawn

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • It aint easy being cheesy
Re: My new cheese vat setup
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 11:29:49 PM »
I do all my cheesemaking with a (sous vide) immersion cooker as well.  It helps to elevate the pot a bit so the flow goes under it.  Otherwise, it works great.  I used to do it all on the stovetop with a ghetto dbl boiler setup, but it heated way too fast.  The immersion cooker solved that.  No worries of exceeding your temps. 
- Andrew

Offline pastpawn

• Mature Cheese
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:30:48 PM »
I should have mentioned, I use the little rack from my toaster oven to lift the cheese pot off the floor of the reservoir.  Works perfectly. 
- Andrew

rgreenberg2000

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 01:32:13 AM »
Thanks, Andrew....you couldn't see it in that photo, but my rack from the Instant Pot is under that steamer insert. :)

Cheap and easy.  My favorite (and, I can fill this next to the sink, and don't have to carry it to the stove!)

R

Offline pastpawn

• Mature Cheese
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 01:57:16 AM »
Thanks, Andrew....you couldn't see it in that photo, but my rack from the Instant Pot is under that steamer insert. :)

Cheap and easy.  My favorite (and, I can fill this next to the sink, and don't have to carry it to the stove!)

R

I know!  I make cheese outside :)  I have a covered patio with a sink and power.  That's all I need. 
- Andrew