Author Topic: Wedding “cake” wheel of cheese in Catalonia  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Woylie

• Young Cheese
  • Cheeses: 3
  • Default personal text
Wedding “cake” wheel of cheese in Catalonia
« on: March 11, 2019, 08:11:50 AM »
Family wedding planned for Barcelona area this year. They are keen to have a wheel of cheese instead of a cake. Can anyone point me to an interesting possibility inthe area?

Offline mikekchar

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 118
  • Default personal text
Re: Wedding “cake” wheel of cheese in Catalonia
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:11:17 PM »
Gavin Webber's daughter had a tiered wedding cheese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plNZjRD5JL4 (video is only 2 and a half minutes).  It might give you some inspiration.

If you are going to Barcelona, you'll be able to find a cheese shop with a variety of European cheeses.  I've never been there, but I would find it incredible if you can't find a specialty cheese shop willing to sell you wheels of cheese.  Knowing Spanish may help, though...  Any ideas on the kind of cheese you are interested in?

Offline Woylie

• Young Cheese
  • Cheeses: 3
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 01:09:40 PM »
Yes, I think it should be possible to buy wheels locally, but I wonder if a market is the best source for one. I’ve seen some lovely Spanish types described. Need to think carefully about numbers/quantities.

JohnOliver

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 02:01:06 AM »
Gavin Webber's daughter had a tiered wedding cheese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plNZjRD5JL4 (video is only 2 and a half minutes).  It might give you some inspiration.

If you are going to Barcelona, you'll be able to find a cheese shop with a variety of European cheeses.  I've never been there, but I would find it incredible if you can't find a specialty cheese shop willing to sell you wheels of cheese.  Knowing Spanish may help, though...  Any ideas on the kind of cheese you are interested in?

That cheese cake had my mouth watering. Such a fantastic idea tbh.