Author Topic: Mozzarella citric acid Problem.  (Read 1209 times)

Cem333

Mozzarella citric acid Problem.
« on: March 15, 2019, 05:49:44 PM »
Hello. I had an important question about the mozzarella cheese production technique.

The milk I use has a constant pH of 6.5.
So I have to wait 9-10 hours for mozzarella cheese to catch ph 5.2, which is required to stretch it into hot water, especially in winter months.

Now.

With the addition of citric acid 6.5 milk. which pH range to drop, for example: 6-5.8 or 5.6 I need to lower pH.

I want 6.5 PH milk for mozzarella. 1 hour of clot time. considering rennet will be within the fermentation period,
which pH range is needed to add rennet to milk and coagulation my milk. Hot water 72 degrees with 5.2 pH to remove the cheese and print cheese Max 72 degrees water within 1-2 hours or 5.2 pH for a cheese that will occur within these periods should not drop a pH.

Must be an hour's worth of clot!
I don't want a clot in 10 minutes!
This time should be done within 1 hour or 2 hours after the removal of cheese juice. The result is of course a little variable when PH 5.2 should wait.

Another important problem is that the citric acid dissolves in water because it is in the form of powder or granule. When I add the dissolved acid solution to the milk, undesired recovery and clot fragments occur on the surface of the milk. There is a remedy for this. The clot formation is a very bad image and it is undesirable. Unfortunately, there's a little precipitation like paneer cheese. I'm waiting for your help, please.
Thank you for understanding that my English is not good.

Lenomnom

Re: Mozzarella citric acid Problem.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:40 PM »
      First things first. Have you seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VbuBcNCgAc