Author Topic: Looking Cheese Production Software - Make Records and Inventory Control  (Read 4630 times)

Offline pliezar (Ian)

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
  • Ian
Hello Everyone,

I have been away for a while working as a cheesemaker professionally.  Now I was hired to help set up a medium-sized cheese production facility, 2000 litres per make day, in Alberta Canada.  At my previous cheese plant, all the records were done via paper and pen.  Time-consuming and often filled out incorrectly by some of the other cheesemakers.

Does anyone use commercially available or even your own version of production records and inventory control/records, hopefully, that are linked in some way?  This new plant is on a Dairy Farm so we have to track the milk usage to the litre for our local milk board, and they need to know what it is used for as well.  I am hoping there is software out there that can do this.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ian

Offline NimbinValley

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 7
  • Default personal text
Re: Looking Cheese Production Software - Make Records and Inventory Control
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 08:15:04 PM »
Hi Ian.  Did you find a solution?   I use google forms and google sheets which provides a good solution.  You do need good spreadsheeting skills however.   Message me if you would like more info.  Paul.

Offline pliezar (Ian)

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
  • Ian
Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay, we have been using spreadsheets and google docs for our trials, but we have decided to go with CheeseCrafter from Page & Pederson

http://www.pagepedersen.com/products/software/cheesecrafter-total-production-and-quality-management-software