Author Topic: Camembert attempts 1 and 2  (Read 2353 times)

Marco

Camembert attempts 1 and 2
« on: September 02, 2020, 02:44:35 PM »
Greetings all. My cheesemaking adventure started ‘properly’ back in June when a friend and I made a batch of 8 Camemberts. We had moderate success but clearly they suffered from slipskin as can be seen in the first image. They did however taste good!

The recipe was based upon one I’ve had in the loft for 13 years when I did attend a cheesemaking course it’s just taken me a while to get going...!

Anyway batch two was much better as I followed the most excellent ageing advice in this thread. http://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php/topic,13484.0.html I followed the ageing advice, used a better milk supply and added the liquid calcium stuff!

Offline mikekchar

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 118
  • Default personal text
Re: Camembert attempts 1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 09:58:46 PM »
Looks delicious!  A cheese for you (AC4U)!  That means "thumbs up" here :-)  Well done!

Offline MacGruff

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 23
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »
Agree with Mikechar, AC4U!

John@PC

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »
I'm giving a cheese for you because of the "improved" outcome and so that you will have as many cheeses as posts ;D.  Keep up the good work.

Marco

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »
Thank you all for my cheeses, and I can only say it’s down to the excellent ageing advice on this forum.

Camembert’s #3 are currently growing their jackets. I do love to ‘fiddle’ so this time I have added ‘geo’ (as well as p.c.), made slightly taller forms and dusted with ash.