Author Topic: Sturdypress diy plans  (Read 8604 times)

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 29
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
Sturdypress diy plans
« on: November 27, 2020, 05:21:27 AM »
I am no longer funding or supporting STURDYPRESS web siye, so I wanted to post the plans for the original and the foldaway presses. Also included is the calculator ( open with any browser).

If you make one of these presses please  show a picture on this forum, then make a cheddar and you will be on your way  to a great hobby.

Cheers,  Bob Samuelson

Offline pickles

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 4
  • ancient dabbler
Re: Sturdypress diy plans
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 09:57:21 AM »
Many thanks for archiving your plans here smolt1, it is much appreciated.
I plan to eventually build a foldaway press, the data you provide here is an excellent help.
In my opinion this post should be stickied somewhere prominent.

jhend

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 08:47:17 PM »
Thank you very much sir.

DrChile

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 10:18:16 PM »
Thanks for this! 

Trent

Offline amanyk

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 09:07:41 PM »
Thank you so much!

I recently drove 3 hours to buy a used folding sturdy press.  My hubby and I used it as an excuse for a weekend trip.  ;) I had been to the website to see how to set it up and use it before my cow freshened and I had no milk for cheesemaking. After the calf was born I tried to go back to the website and found it unavailable. Im so very thankful you posted everything here!!!  I love my press, Ive made an asiago and farmhouse cheddar so far.

I know I'll get many many years of use from this easy to use press. :)

Mightychef4u

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 11:37:18 PM »
 Are the measurement in inches or cm?
 A few of the pieces seem too long compared to the pictures.
 Thank you.

Offline mikekchar

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 118
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 03:29:32 AM »
The numbers on the pictures are definitely inches.  I don't know much about it, but which pieces seem wrong to you?

Glimmercroft

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 05:59:48 AM »
Thank you so much for posting these plans!  I bought a SturdyPress new from you years ago and love it.  I wanted to recommend it to a friend tonight, and found you're no longer making them, but were generous enough to post plans.  I have a website for my homestead, and would love to be able to post your plans and instructions there at some point, with proper credit of course, so that more people can make your wonderful press.  Would you have a problem with that?

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 29
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 04:13:03 PM »
No problem, I put them in the public domain for anybody to use.

Cheers,
Bob Samuelson

Offline modibo

• Young Cheese
  • We want the finest wines available to humanity!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 02:27:25 PM »
smolt1 I think your signature line is a little outdated now!

;)

Offline olerocker

• Young Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2023, 07:16:46 PM »
Hi everyone, im new here and would like to say hello and thanks for this great forum.
Im new to this cheesemaking journey and came across this fantastic and informative forum.
I have already made a couple of fresh cheese but feel the need to ramp up my skills.
I found this wonderful post by Bob sharing his hard work and would like to thank him.

Thing is, unfortunately all links have been lost from what i can see.
Is there maybe someone that has these sturdypress plans backed up and would be willing to share them ?
I am mostly interested in the foldaway sturdypress. It just blew me away, great craftmanship. 
Thank in advance to anyone willing to lend a hand.

Offline Al Quentin

• Young Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 12:55:46 AM »
Hi everyone, im new here and would like to say hello and thanks for this great forum.
Im new to this cheesemaking journey and came across this fantastic and informative forum.
I have already made a couple of fresh cheese but feel the need to ramp up my skills.
I found this wonderful post by Bob sharing his hard work and would like to thank him.

Thing is, unfortunately all links have been lost from what i can see.
Is there maybe someone that has these sturdypress plans backed up and would be willing to share them ?
I am mostly interested in the foldaway sturdypress. It just blew me away, great craftmanship. 
Thank in advance to anyone willing to lend a hand.

Didn't find a link to any foldaway plans, but here's what I believe is the original:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200122220938/http://sturdypress.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/sturdypress-plans1.pdf

Offline olerocker

• Young Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 07:08:36 AM »
Didn't find a link to any foldaway plans, but here's what I believe is the original:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200122220938/http://sturdypress.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/sturdypress-plans1.pdf

Thanks a lot for this Al Quentin, i was hoping that someone would have archived the rest.

Online B e n

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 3
  • Default personal text
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2023, 02:23:25 PM »
If it helps these are the plans I used when I built my Dutch press: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utH9Zh-ecEj5m5G_boQKvKc_2i_KaM0v/view?usp=sharing

Someone else's work, I just built a cut list and went to town. I cut the end off a cutting board with drain channels to use as the base for the cheese to rest on.

Offline olerocker

• Young Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2023, 02:52:04 PM »
If it helps these are the plans I used when I built my Dutch press: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utH9Zh-ecEj5m5G_boQKvKc_2i_KaM0v/view?usp=sharing

Someone else's work, I just built a cut list and went to town. I cut the end off a cutting board with drain channels to use as the base for the cheese to rest on.

Thanks a lot Ben