Author Topic: My Cheese Cutting Board  (Read 1949 times)

Offline rsterne

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 54
  • Too many hobbies - too little time!
My Cheese Cutting Board
« on: February 12, 2021, 11:34:17 PM »
I made this wire cheese cutting board a couple of months ago, but I found you needed 3 hands, one to hold the cheese, one to hold the board, and a third to pull on the wire....  ::) .... So, I screwed on a couple of strips of wood to form a "Vee-Block" that the cheese can rest against.... Light pressure downwards on the cheese holds it solidly in place.... Here is the result....

You lay the wire across the middle of the board, facing away from you, place the wheel of cheese on top, resting against the vee, and then holding the dowel handle, you pull the wire up against the far side of the wheel and then pull towards you.... It slices through easily, with a nice clean cut.... I'm delighted with how it works now, so easy to use....  8)

Bob
Cheesemaking has rekindled our love of spending time together, Diane and me!

Offline bansidhe

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 20
  • Default personal text
Re: My Cheese Cutting Board
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »
Please post a video of it in action!
Making cheese is easy, making a cheese is hard

Offline rsterne

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 54
  • Too many hobbies - too little time!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 04:05:48 PM »
C'mon, use your imagination!.... I don't "do" videos.... don't even have a cellphone, we have no cell service here in the "boonies"....  ::)  ;D

The "V" block holds the cheese in the middle of the board, the wire is attached in the middle of the "V".... You pull the wire back straight away from you, place the cheese on top, position the wire up the back and across the top (as in the photo), and aim it at the "V", and pull slowly.... It cuts through anything up to a Cheddar like butter.... I didn't try it on a Parm, though....  :o

Bob
Cheesemaking has rekindled our love of spending time together, Diane and me!

Offline Mornduk

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 19
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 01:49:52 AM »
I love how you’re improving the design and functionality over time :)