Author Topic: I am still around  (Read 822 times)

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
I am still around
« on: April 21, 2021, 04:42:35 PM »
I have been really crazy busy and due to family health concerns had to buy a really beat up house (I wanted to be 5 miles or less from the hospital) to make wheel chair accessible. I have been doing the work myself mostly alone (it was easier at 40 than it is at 67!) Anyway I have become a 24/7 caregiver to a 95% disabled partner and rebuilding a ranch. I plan to add a walking cooler for my cheeses and dry cured sausages soon so hopefully I will be around a bit more.

Just to let you know I haven't died or anything I did make a few cheeses this past few weeks with some 2% milk that was given to me. 4 few small 1 pound Parmesans (a month apart) and a few white cheddars with pickled jalapenos (had to cream add).

Interesting - I was in such a rush to make dinner and cheese at the same time I forget to add calcium Chloride to the cheddar and it still worked fine. Slightly softer curd but it didn't break.

Offline bansidhe

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 20
  • Default personal text
Re: I am still around
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 05:02:34 PM »
The cheese with peppers looks so festive!  :-)
Making cheese is easy, making a cheese is hard

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 11:52:09 PM »
I'm so glad you are still here. I have always enjoyed reading you cheese exploits.
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

Offline mikekchar

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 118
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 01:00:50 AM »
I'm also happy you are back.  I read so many of your posts when I first started making cheese.  It was really incredibly helpful!  Especially, I found your tireless linking of interesting documents to be really enlightening.

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 01:46:29 AM »
Thanks for the kind response. if only one person gets something out of my ramblings then is is worth it. I get to combine two hobbies at once Photography and Cheese making. The more I write and the more photos I take then the easier it is for me to remember what I did.  Notes, photos, postings and more notes... :)

Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

Offline MacGruff

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 23
  • Default personal text
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 11:04:17 AM »
I want to add my thanks to all three of you!

When I got started in my own cheese journey, I relied on your posts to find my way. Thanks for all the help.

And DeejayDebi - welcome back!