Author Topic: Mistem's Cheese Blog: What is cheese?  (Read 1433 times)

Offline mikekchar

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 118
  • Default personal text
Mistem's Cheese Blog: What is cheese?
« on: June 10, 2023, 09:00:49 AM »
I'm moving towards cheese-making-blogging  ;D  My goal is to write something small relatively frequently.  Perhaps the quality will suffer as a result.  Hopefully this is an OK place to post it.

https://mikekchar.gitlab.io/mistem-cheese/what-is-cheese/index.html

The main thrust of the post is to talk about what casein is and why it is important in cheese making.  It's a very high level description that I hope will be suitable for people who have no background in science.  Feel free to discuss, criticize, correct here.

Offline MacGruff

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 23
  • Default personal text
Re: Mistem's Cheese Blog: What is cheese?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 12:38:17 PM »
I like it!

Like many on this forum I've learned a lot from your posts and wished you would share more of what you know. This is a step in that direction, so bravo!

As to constructive criticism: Add more graphics! When you are discussing the differences between paper cranes and airplanes, why not add pictures of the two? Same with proteins and amino acids and so forth? Right now you have one picture at the top and then a bunch of text. I think adding some more pictures would break up the block of text and would make it more appealing. Now, that's only my opinion, and it's worth exactly as much as I charged you for it!    >:D

Great start and I'm looking to read more...