Author Topic: Hi from Down Under - the western bit!  (Read 1114 times)

Miss Muffet

Hi from Down Under - the western bit!
« on: August 06, 2010, 08:42:59 AM »
I thought it was probably about time that I stopped lurking and started talking, and what better way than to introduce myself  :)  I live in Perth, Western Australia and have been pretty fascinated with the idea of making cheese for a couple of years now but just never managed to get my head fully round it.  I recently went to a cheese making course and suddenly it all clicked and I realised it is not that hard after all.  Then I found you guys and well, what more can I say!  There is so much wonderful information here.

I also love to make bread, pickles, relishes, jams etc  (all great partners for cheese) and am aiming to see just how many vegetables I can squeeze out of our front yard this coming summer.  I also make soaps & lotions & potions in my spare time.

Anyway, I look forward to being here!  Thanks.

FarmerJd

Re: Hi from Down Under - the western bit!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:11:02 AM »
Welcome aboard. This site is a great place to share ideas and learn from each other. Lots of great people. I look forward to your input.

cdonaghe

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 04:12:34 PM »
Welcome, the more you take part the more you will enjoy it...

Charles

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:58:11 AM »
Welcome Miss Muffet in WA!

Lots of people in Oz here,beautiful city but  I hear that house prices are just crazy in Perth.

Miss Muffet

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 05:09:39 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

You are correct John, definitely a great place to live but it appears that people are labouring under the misapprehension that we all have money and house prices are crazy.  I am glad we bought our house years ago, would hate to be trying to buy now that is for sure!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »
Welcome Miss Muffet -

Sounds like thing are tough all over the world these days. Being a DIYer will certainly help as well as provide a much better quality of food to your table.