Author Topic: Ohio, there and back...  (Read 1035 times)

dejima

Ohio, there and back...
« on: December 01, 2010, 06:00:53 AM »
Hello,
I am a new cheese maker from Columbus, Ohio.  I've worked a gourmet cheese shop for about 5yrs, needless to say i love cheese.  Not just eating it but the science behind creating on of the worlds greatest master pieces.
So, in work at the cheese shop, I always been interested in making cheeses myself.   problem, most cheeses in Ohio are hard cheese, swiss, gouda, cheddar, and etc...   and not the good stuff... i am talking the processed type... luck there are a few artisanal cheese makers... but they are focusing on chevre and cheddar...  I am into the soft ripened cheese and washed rind, brie, camembert, saint marcelin... and so on. 
I have been successful in making both raw cow and goat's milk camembert...
I really watch to make triple creams and saint marcellin but I have been unsuccessful and not sure I am going in the right direction.  So, I am hoping that this forum will be a great resource. 
Thanks...

Cheese Head

Re: Ohio, there and back...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
dejima, your knowledge of cheeses and of cheesemongering is very welcome here!

If you search on triple cream and saint or st marcellin you will get some hits, tricks for using search tool here, if you can't find what you are looking for then start a new Thread with your question or several Threads if you have several different questions and hopefully members will help.

Again welcome!

dejima

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »
John,
 Thanks for the warm welcome...
I look forward the great access of info from the site and meeting other cheese making enthusiast...
There are really so many cheese that  I wish to make... Camembert and Brie were my first, and now that I have that down I am ready to move to the next level...lol...

KosherBaker

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 07:15:30 PM »
Welcome to the board dejima, and, of course, Go Buckeyes!!! :)  ;D

FarmerJd

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your input. :)