Author Topic: Greetings from Mongolia! Want to open up a cheese factory here with your help!!  (Read 1833 times)

ariuka

Hi, My name is Ariuka, I'm Mongolian and I adore Cheese. In Mongolia we have a lot of cows(raw material) but we don't have so far local cheese producers. all the cheese on the market is imported mainly from Russia. My husband and I own a land very close to city and very close to the raw material-cow milk. And we decided to open up a cheese factory as the demand for good cheese is increasing in Mongolia as new trend of dishes (Italian food, pasta, cheesecakes, pizza) is getting very popular. Apart from loving cheese we don't have an experience in cheese making. So our plan is to cooperate with experienced cheese maker who wants to expand his cheese making business. Please advice us and comment what should I do to run this business and make it successful.
Really looking forward to hear you thoughts and hoping to find a business partner from this wonderful forum!!

hoeklijn

Welcome on the forum Ariuka. I'm just a cheese maker for hobby, so I can't advise you, but I wish you a lot of success.
There are certainly some people here with a lot of commercial experience in cheese making...

Offline NimbinValley

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 7
  • Default personal text
Hi Ariuka.

What will be the scale of your operation? How much cheese do you want to produce per day or week?

NVD.

linuxboy

Ariuka,

To do well, you must have the following figured out

1) The sales you want to do. Network with the food industry and ask if people would be interested in buying from you. This will also help you figure out which products to make. You might want to simply do functional cheeses such as suluguni and italian types, along with brinza and soft cheese (better version of tvorog for cheesecake). Product definition also includes price, positioning with the existing cheeses, etc.
2) The raw milk supply. If you will be buying it, that's one story. If you will be raising the cows, goats, sheep, or horses, that is an added expense and overhead, but you can control the quality and milk yourself.
3) Capacity of cheese plant to handle volume necessary + equipment to handle the cheese types... including cold storage and aging.
4) Distribution and logistics of delivering to customers.

The rest should fall into place with some effort.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Welcome Ariuka,Good luck on you new adventure.

Cheese Head

Welcome Ariuka, 16 years ago I was in Beijing's old International airport and the board had a flight to Ulan Bator, which I thought would have been very very interesting. Sadly I stayed with my flight to Calgary to see my wife and kids, I still wonder if I should have gone and returned a few days later . . . looks like you are in good hands here, use Search and keep asking questions!