Author Topic: Wrapping Bries & Camemberts  (Read 1204 times)

INGrandad

Wrapping Bries & Camemberts
« on: November 25, 2010, 02:07:20 AM »
For cryin' out loud, got some wraps for my brie that was due for it, can anyone tell me how these cellophane lookin', non-sticking things are supposed to be applied? Argggh.

Cheese Head

Re: Wrapping Bries & Camemberts
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 03:35:30 AM »
They are fiddly, my understanding is they go wax side in.

For how to fold see this Thread, for how to hold it closed without a box I used a piece of masking tape on which I wrote the batch date or cheese number.

Have fun!

INGrandad

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:18:11 AM »
Thanks for the help. The thread of your exploration of wrapping is interesting. But I can tell ya, the stuff I bought (semi-clear) isn't nearly large enough to cover a 4" molded brie. On the other hand, maybe I need to set these aside, as what I see you're using obviously varies from mine. I gotta try the Camembert.

So with the wraps I had, I wrapped it exactly as you said you did. Either great minds think alike, or we both were both perplexed. Difference: I used scotch tape instead of masking. Seems to be sticking fine.

Thanks again.

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 01:59:48 AM »
Welcome, I've (temporarily) given up on making camemberts as mine often had slip skin, I should read the now many more posts on this subject and try again!